The latest news.

I remember talking with John at the gender service last year and learning that the next steps with being in care pathway would be laser hair treatments and electrolysis in Leeds which I had no idea what having electrolysis would be like and knew very little about what the treatments involved even having a sample patch test done made no difference and after having two sessions of laser hair treatments I was informed that my next appointment would be electrolysis and not to shave for 4 days,the first session went very well and managed to switch off enough to not feel too much discomfort with the treatment and was nicely surprised to learn I had done a full hour of treatment and now have had a further 3 full one hour sessions of treatments but now have to go without shaving for 5 days as not enough growth after 4 days my next appointment is in 10 days and will be having laser treatment for a change and that will be on my top lip chin and part of my neck,I have no idea how electrolysis will feel on my neck as it’s the one area that gets sore with shaving regular but it needs to be done and will find out sooner or later.

The next steps at the gender service are an appointment with the doctor for my next 6 months of hormone therapy and a catch up with John and then the following month quite a big appointment with the doctor who diagnosed me last year but this time is for my first referral for surgery of which there are 2 referrals from 2 doctors,John had told me I would get my appointment to see the doctor at my last appointment but not sure how long it would take to get appointment through most of the time it’s not something that I think about but when asked or talking with friends like Tamara,Warren,Kim and family that want to know the latest news I can now let them know I have my appointment to see the doctor for me it’s a big step in my journey and the first referral from the doctor will be icing on the cake the letter came Friday and yes today is Tuesday it still hasn’t sunk in properly I have been a little emotional with the news but still getting my head around the news,I will get to know a lot more information at my next appointment with John. The one downside even if it’s only a little downside is having blood tests which I had a couple of weeks ago I counted 14 different tests in the letter luckily I don’t have a problem at the sight of blood and doesn’t take very long and I have red blood not blue so I’m a commoner as the nurse told me.

I was very lucky to not only spend time with my dad after his heart transplant but very lucky that he was honest with me when we talked on the many Saturday afternoons we spent together i got to learn so many different things I would never have known and I wasn’t afraid to ask any questions and even more perfect was how my dad would tell me everything and answer my questions very honestly,my dad was my hero and there isn’t a day when I don’t miss him or think about him,my dad knew the truth as I told him and he seemed to understand better than me and gave me his full support and knew he would accept me as his daughter and be proud of me my one wish would be that he met his daughter in person,it’s still hard to believe that my dad passed away 10 years ago in June. To my dad I love you and miss you always and you are my hero 

My next blog will probably be after my next appointment in a couple of weeks once I know more and can share more information,maybe this year will turn out to be even more exciting than even I thought possible everything is possible once you believe in yourself.

Lots of love 

Angie 

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Transition

3 Years and counting

even more surprises