3 Years and counting

It has now been over 3 years since i started my transition and i have come along way in the last 3 years that even now i pinch myself and not sure where the time has gone but also look back and see how much i have changed in so many ways, the changes aren't just physical either which i have not thought too much about and let the hormone therapy do what its meant to do that i have been more patient than ever in life and was never known for being patient with anything as anyone that really knows me will testify to. The last 12 months have seen some of the more obvious changes which i knew about with the information i was given when i started,with the hormone therapy i am on everything happens at its own speed and not expecting too much too quick it is not a miracle cure and they take time to work,changing my testosterone blocker from a tablet taken every day to an injection done by a nurse at my GP's every 12 weeks has meant i don't have to remember take a tablet or try to think if i've taken it or not is a blessing.

I started at the Gender Identity Service just over 2 years ago and i am roughly a year ahead of where i should be as i had already completed a year of transition when had my first appointment and now just over 2 years later i am now where i want to be and have a couple of appointments in the next couple of weeks which will not only be life changing but also very exciting and have an idea of when or how long i will be waiting till reach my ultimate goal which i will write more about once i have the news i want to hear.

I have had a patch test done for electrolysis on the genitals as my hair is the wrong colour and too light for laser hair treatment and next month on the same day i have top and tail treatments to look forward to,i know its not the most pleasant treatment to have but it's part of pre surgery requirement and has to be done as my friends have said no pain no gain just a shame they will never know just how uncomfortable and painful it is,one good thing is once have the news i am planning a night out with friends and hope to get to catch up with some friends i haven't seen for a few years and get a chance to find out how much has changed for us all it is an exciting time and have so much to look forward to and let my hair down for a few hours with people that have been there for me.

i have probably said this before but will say it again i am truly blessed to have some of the best friends i could have ever dreamt of or wished for including neighbours Sam is more like family and think of her as my niece,Aaron who we always seem to have a laugh with and can chat about so many things,Tamara who has been there since day one and seen the changes for herself to my neighbours Aidy Craig and Andrew who are interested with the latest news and have got my back my fears of being alone and having to do everything on my own were unfounded and i am very blessed to have some amazing friends.

Lots of Love

Angie

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Transition

even more surprises